Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Bite

Today I went down to The Bite of Oregon on the waterfront, both to grab some delicious grub and to see the music. The waterfront has always been notorious for hosting really weird Portland bands at all its events, but this year they wanted to change that. Someone my mom knows was in charge I guess, and they did a good job. The Bite is a 3 day festival, and today, Sunday, was their big music day. They had a lot of good little bands over the weekend, but today they had scheduled Snow Patrol and The Subways, two pretty big names. Unfortunately, due to the new terrorist plane scare regulations over in London, Snow Patrol couldn't make it, which sucked. But The Subways were here from London already, this was the last stop on their American tour, so they played.

The Subways at The Bite














I had heard them before, their hit "Rock & Roll Queen", and didn't like it much. I was surprised to find out today that I liked every one of their other songs more than their hit, so I enjoyed it.

Before we got there though, I saw one of those signs that isn't quite right.

One Way, Wrong Way















So...which way does that sign point? That's right...and what way is that bike going? Oh, right, the wrong way. What the hell? The sign is breaking its own rule! Just kinda funny.

Now it's off to work tomorrow, finally. It's about time. I'll be at Umpqua Bank downtown, not sure what yet, but at least it's work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the work. I was downtown Sunday too, but would never have found you in all those people. Like the ticker on the football.

D

Zach Francis said...

That's bicyclists for you. Crazy high testosterone having bitches.

Also, the ticker is an eyesore. Please put something better up, like a ticker to the start of the Kansas City Chiefs starting their season en route to a Super Bowl.

Kevin said...

Zach, you're an asshole, and I hope you get cataracts looking at that ticker, because it's awesome.

Zach Francis said...

Jesus, I haven't seen something as hideous as that ticker since the last time I looked in the mirror with my shirt off. Please, for the sake of never having to imagine my flabby man boobs again, remove it!

Kevin said...

I'll take it down when the game's over...you bastard

Google