Monday, August 11, 2008

Forbes' Top 15 Hardest Drinking Cities

Forbes recently put out a list of the top 15 hardest drinking cities in America, and I'm proud to announce that Portland, OR made the list, coming in at #13! Even though I'm a displaced Portlander at the moment, I still feel proud of my city, and hope to come home and start pitching in! (Am I part of the problem or the solution in this case?)

So here it is, Forbes' list of America's hardest drinking cities:

1. Austin, TX
2. Milwaukee, WI
3. San Francisco, CA
4. Providence, R.I.
5. Chicago, IL
8. (tie) Seattle, WA, Cleveland, OH, St. Louis, MO
9. Boston, MA
10. Cincinnati, OH
11. Pittsburgh,PA
12. Virginia Beach, VA
13. Portland, OR
14. Jacksonville, FL
15. Detroit, MI

Here are Portland's stats, relative to the criteria:

  • Residents who had at least one drink in the last 30 days: 62%
  • Men who had more than two drinks per day, or women one drink: 6.3%
  • Residents who had five or more drinks on one occasion: 15.7%
Way to go, Portland.

As a side note, I would like to say that I've been to Austin, TX, this year's #1, and while it was only for a short while, I think they might have won in a landslide. Yeah, they're drinkers.

[via Consumerist]

No comments:

Google