Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Stephen Colbert is Running for President*

Well, technically he is. This past Tuesday, Stephen Colbert announced that he would be running for president in his home state of South Carolina as a "Favorite Son", which basically means he'll win the support of his own state, but nowhere else. You can watch his announcement after the jump. While he's a master of sarcasm, I have a feeling that he's going to honestly pursue this, if for no other reason to prove how ridiculous the whole thing is right now.

This is an obvious stunt, but what happens if he's successful? What does that say about the power of this guy? I guess Bodog has him 20th in the odds in Vegas right now, and I think that's nationally. I'm thinking about writing him in on the primary ballot, because, why not? What do you think? Has he got a shot at winning South Carolina?


This is from the Daily Show, where he almost announces, but decides he needs a more prestigious show to do it on.



Not more than 15 minutes later, he finds that show.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh man..... I love it... In fact im gonna go get me some Americone dream......bitch

Google