Sunday, October 23, 2011

Advice From Assholes

In my endless quest to find an outlet for my... whatever it is, I have an idea for another blog/website/podcast I want to do. The title of it would be Advice From Assholes, and please, let me explain.

We tried to resurrect It's On Tap, but couldn't make it work. Ryan and I had a GREAT run with Critical Drinking, but with me moving away, we just couldn't keep it going. That one hurt, because that was so much fun. But now I am trying to start up something else, and it definitely could fail hard. It's name alone could kill it, but that name is Advice From Assholes.

The idea, hatched by Allen and I, is to start sort of an advice column, but instead of giving helpful advice like other advice columnists, we would just be assholes about it. For example, if someone was to say "My girlfriend just dumped me, what should I do?", we would probably respond with "strip club". Now, that may not be the right advice, but it's advice, isn't it? I mean, what else are you gonna say? I think you get the idea...

We figured this would be fun for a few reasons:
  1. We're assholes
  2. We think it's funny being assholes
  3. It gives us an outlet and forum to be assholes
  4. Living in the LA area kind of makes an asshole out of anyone
We also kind of wanted to do a podcast with some advice, as well as lists, similar to Critical Drinking. However, these lists would match the content of the site, and cover such topics as Top 5 places to be drunk in public, Top 5 profanities to yell at sporting events, and so on.

Now, by no means are we necessarily going to go out of our way to be hurtful or rude or offensive. I don't think either of us are "that guy", so the term "asshole" may be a bit strong. I think there are variable degrees of "asshole", and we both definitely fall somewhere in that spectrum. Plus, we thought the alliteration was too good. Plus I bought the domain name...

But yeah, look for that to hopefully happen sometime soon. I feel the creative podcast juices still flowing from CD, so hopefully this will be a solid replacement.

No comments:

Google