Monday, April 10, 2006

Burger King Commercials

I hate Burger King commercials lately! That's all there is to it. I can't stand them. I hate to say it, but it is one of the best ad campaigns out there right now. It's so odd and borderline disturbing, that everyone in the country knows what you're talking about when you say "that creepy king". They also have one of the best brand association campaigns, as everyone knows these are Burger King commercials. That does not relieve that fact that I can't stand them. They are all so rediculous. You can click these pictures to see some of the ads.

I hate the King.














There is no way in hell I want to wake up next to this guy. How does he get in people's houses? Shouldn't he be arrested for that?

I hate those stupid chicken fries guys (no ad link).















The name Coq Roq and the shitty music does not make me want to have chicken fries. Turns out, I haven't had chicken fries ever simply because of these commercials. The best part in any of those commercials is when they crossed the street and got hit by cars!

I hate that stupid Whopper family and all of their terrible puns.















This one just took me completely off guard, and wasn't funny at all.

Then there's the Big Buckin Chicken. What the hell are they doing?















It's funny, and it makes me laugh, but not for the right reasons. I also think this commercial takes away from the brand association Burger King has had. The song is funny though, I'll give them that.

There is also this really creepy website Burger King has. Apparently they took this chicken thing farther, and created Subservient Chicken, a website where you can tell this guy in a chicken suit what to do, and it does it. Prerecorded clips, but sure seems like it's live. Click the picture to see it.


















It's just really weird.

I can tell you the one that I did like though, was the Tendercrisp Chicken Bacon Cheddar Ranch commercials. They had Hootie (Darius Rucker) and Brooke Burke. The song was pretty good, and Brooke Burke is very easy on the eyes, so I enjoyed this commercial. But it's the last one I have liked in a long time.














I'll eat anything Brooke Burke tells me to eat.

So there you have it. Burger King's crazy but effective ad campaign that just pisses me off. I honestly cannot even predict where they could go from here. It will be bittersweet when I see the next one, because it will undoubtedly be good, but I will undoubtedly hate it.

No comments:

Google