Sunday, April 09, 2006

Wish List

Lately, I've been getting very excited about next year. As most of you already know, next year I am moving into a house here in Eugene with Bryan. I'll post about that later. But thinking about moving into the house has got me to thinking about my new room, and more specifically, what I want to put in it. There are some things that I'd really like to have, and that much of my summer job money will be going towards, and I felt like telling you.

1. The Apple AirPort Express















This little thing will allow me to play songs from my computer on my big stereo system wirelessly. It plugs into the wall, and an ethernet cord runs from the wall to the jack on the unit. Then a component cable runs from the unit to my stereo reciever. It syncs up to my iTunes and allows me, wirelessly, to play songs from my computer through my stereo speakers. So I don't have to burn CDs anymore, I can just create a playlist and use this to play it on the system. It's amazing, and I can't believe I don't have it already. It also allows you to plug a printer into it, and print wirelessly, so I could have my printer across the room where it isn't in the way. With it I will also need a component Y cable, one end a headphone plug to plug into the AirPort, and the other a red and a white plug for the audio to plug into my reciever.

2. A mini fridge












I have wanted a mini fridge forever, and now with 7 people sharing a main fridge, a big reason to get one. Also, I want the convenience factor. I don't need one all that nice or all that big, just one that I can stack things on, and that will hold more than 6 cans of Coke. This one doesn't need anymore explaining.

3. A record player



















I have just started buying old Beatles albums on vinyl. I can only imagine how great they are going to sound. Problem right now is, I don't have a record player. I would love one of these old style record players, but my basic requirement is that it plays a record.

4. A DVD tower



















This one would be awesome. It is basically a cabinet that can hold about 250 DVDs. I think it's cool because it can close and save space, but it also has the capacity I need. Plus, that just looks cooler than a plain set of shelves. It is especially helpful because next year I will have a smaller room than I do now, so anything that is tall and saves space is a winner in my book. I could also get rid of the 2 bookcases I use now, which take up too much space, and have just filled up recently. So many movies, so little space.

5. An iPod video













It sucks that I want one of these. Why does it suck? Because the reason is my current iPod has started dying. I didn't want to believe it when I heard it, but the battery really has crapped on me. It doesn't hold a good charge anymore, and the battery dies even when it's off. I'll have it off for a few days, and I'll come back to a depleted battery. It sucks. It freezes a lot too, which is equally, if not more annoying. My 2 year warranty is long gone, so it's basically time to say goodbye. The perks of this new iPod is that it holds not only music, but pictures and video. There are a lot of times I'm on campus, nothing to do, and class isn't for another hour. Perfect time to watch a movie. Also, they've fixed the battery problems, so this one should last me a lot longer. I want the black one of course, and I think the 30GB will be fine, as I don't think I'll keep movies on there long, just when I want to watch them.

6. A new TV



















This year, the coaxial input piece broke off the back of my TV. Not worth getting it repaired, nor is it worth learning how to solder. So, this got me looking at new TVs, and boy are there some awesome ones out there. The ideal TV would be somewhere between probably 20"-30", it would be widescreen, flat panel, and it would look amazing. This Toshiba is an example. My old TV works, but it can only hook up through a Comcast cable box, so I'll have to pay $10 extra a month to get one in my room. I'd love a new TV though. TVs look so good right now, and I would watch so many movies if this happened. The only problem is the price, so I'll have to get a deal to get one, but it would be so cool.

That pretty much concludes the wish list. If I can get all this stuff for my room next year, I would be set. I might not come out often, but I really wouldn't need to. Assuming I can make enough money this summer, hopefully I can check some of these off the list. Hope you enjoyed it, 'cause I know I sure did. There was just a huge cop chase down my street, literally about 9 cop cars, so I'm gonna go check that out, see what I can see.

No comments:

Google