Monday, May 29, 2006

Movie Review: V For Vendetta




















I know this is a little late, but I just saw this movie, and I want to talk about it now. I want to start off by saying, regardless of what my other posts may say, this is my favorite movie of the year. This was just amazing to watch, and it was totally absorbing. The tagline doesn't do it justice, but as I'm sure all of you know who have seen it, it's the central theme.

The Wachowski brothers are incredible. They wrote one of the most original storylines (regardless of the obvious 1984 ties) I have seen in a long time. The film industry seems to have a problem with taking old crappy movies and remaking them into new crappy movies recently (I'm looking at you Fun With Dick & Jane). This was not only a breath of fresh air from the current trend, but also a great movie in its own right. The freedom fighter, V, was amazing. This character was so cool, so effective, and so badass. Very believable in this environment, and totally likable, which made him stronger. The mask was cool, the voice was perfect (Hugo Weaving), and the ideals were awesome. Natalie Portman did a great job as well, further proving she is the actress of this generation.

I don't think this was a shot at the Bush administration, as much as it seemingly appeared to be. I think this was just a creative idea by the Wachowski brothers that was perfectly executed. The Bush administration needs some work, don't confuse that, but as far as this movie being politically motivated by it, I don't think so.

I can't even put into words how much I liked this movie, but I give it a 9 out of 10 on the Reganometer, and urge strongly for you to see it. Twice. I can't wait for the DVD. Give me some comments, what did you guys think about it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I've decided to respond to all of your posts in hopes of keeping your self-esteem high..no no just kidding, but I still really am going to respond to everyone.

I agree with you.

- your brother

Anonymous said...

watched V for Vendetta recently, loved it. eye-candy effects, amazing how much character they developed into a mask, then again, maybe he was more than a mask...

Google