Thursday, August 17, 2006

Vacation time: California or Canada?

VACATION!













Who's coming with me, and where are we going?

Alright folks, here's the deal. This summer has been great (outside of work of course), but I haven't taken a real vacation yet. Sure I've been to Pendleton a bunch, but I go there to see Hayley, not to see Pendleton. I'm talking about a vacation that includes a destination. You know, the kind of trip where it's equally as important where you go as it is who you go with. I'm thinking about 2 places: California or Canada.

The California trip I was thinking about is to Six Flags Magic Mountain. I've only been there once, with the basketball team on our San Diego trip back in high school, but it was a blast and I've always wanted to go back. It would be easy to road trip down there, and depending on how many people went, with the right car, it wouldn't be all that expensive (relatively speaking). The road trip would take a day, stay in a hotel that night, go to Six Flags the next day, and either go home that night or stay in a hotel that night and then go to Six Flags for the second day, and then hit the road home. I think road trips are fun, and the time spent in the car is some of the most fun on these trips.

The other place I was thinking was Canada. We went up there earlier this year, and we all absolutely loved it. We were talking about a return trip on our way home, so why not do it now? We could do the same type of thing, the hostel thing I mean, just do it somewhere different. I wouldn't mind if we just stayed in the same one, but I think it would be fun to try somewhere else. We could drive up there in a day, hit the hostel that night, hang out the next day, party that night, and then come back the next day. 2 nights was a great length in my opinion, and I had tons of fun, so that's the other alternative.

Of course, I'm going to need people to go with me, so I ask: who among you will join me? Who will take the pledge and ride with me to our final destination? Who I ask?

Seriously, any takers? Ideas? Let me know.

No comments:

Google