Thursday, February 22, 2007

Tajuan Porter: My new hero




















Tajuan Porter came up big tonight in our 64-59 win over Washington St. with 21 points, many of which caused big turning points in the game. Since Maarty, my former hero, has been in the slump of all slumps (even though he had a super quiet 11 tonight), it's time for a new hero, and lately Tajuan has really been earning his keep.

There was a point during the middle of the season when I questioned Tajuan's role on the team as a starter. Turns out, I was way off base, because he has been carrying us through this month. Aaron is finally playing like he was in the first half of the season, but still, Tajuan is really impressing me.

It's good to earn a win at this point, with our 2-5 run before tonight, and with that win (WSU was #10) I'm sure we'll make the NCAA tourney. Now, we can reasonably win out, and carry that momentum into the Pac-10 tournament, and then into March Madness. GO DUCKS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a HUGE and necessary win! I was screaming in the first half, but thankfully, they pulled it together, and yes -- Porter is the MAN! Two more home wins and everything could look great again.

D

Google