Sunday, May 20, 2007

Open Your Ears: The Frames

The Frames are an Irish band that have been around since 1990, but since we're in America, a lot of good European music doesn't make it over here for a long time. These guys are amazing though, and with the release of their sixth studio album (I'm pretty sure), and their new powerful single titled "Falling Slowly", they're sure to blow up in the States. This song is sure to make it onto a television drama's opening sequence, I just hope they don't go the way of The Fray. Anyways, the lead singer is actually the star of a music film called Once that came out last year, but should make it across the pond this year.

It seems like there is so much good music coming from the whole "English Island Area" as I'll call it. I'm not sure what it should be called, the UK probably, but Ireland, Scotland, and England are all putting out great bands that I love. Not sure if you remember The Twilight Sad, The Veils, and Locksley, but those were all great bands from that area that I had never heard of. Someday I hope to travel to Ireland, and hopefully I can catch some concerts while I'm there. But check out The Frames.

The Frames:
Falling Slowly

Sad Songs

When Your Mind's Made Up

No comments:

Google