Sunday, March 16, 2008

Applying Google Earth to Solve Real Business Problems (Courtesy of Mr. Feely)

Hey Bry, just want to let you know that I'm kind of stealing your post. I read it and thought about writing the same one, but decided to just give you credit for doing it better anyways. Hopefully you don't mind the (potential) extra traffic.

This term, in my business school capstone class, we worked on projects for actual companies. The one my group worked for was YOLO colorhouse, a high quality, no-VOC paint company. Our project was essentially to identify new markets that they should expand into on the West Coast. We decided to use Google Earth, which had many awesome implications, including Bryan being asked to talk to the head of the business school about it.

This is where I throw you to his post to read about how we did it and why it was so awesome. Thanks Bry. Check out his post over at FeelyWorks, "Google Earth as an Analytical Tool", then come back and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Google