Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'll Take 100 Shares of Obama


I have a very strong feeling that Barack Obama will win the Democratic Nomination. So much so that I should buy stock in it, and over at Intrade.com, I can do just that.

Intrade is a prediction market that works just like the stock market, but instead of betting on the price of wheat or gold going up or down, you bet on the Democratic nominee and whether or not Eliot Spitzer will be indicted on felony charges. Here's a screencap of the homepage:


(Click to enlarge)

As you can see, Obama's down 0.3 points from yesterday, so now's the perfect time to buy! People actually do invest real money into this, and it's basically treated just like buying and selling stock.

So, along with my Obama shares, I think I'll take a few shares on the prediction that Google's Lunar X Prize will be won before December 31, 2012. That's Google's $30m international competition to successfully land a robot on the surface of the moon, travel 500 meters, and send back pictures. Why not?

Oh, and one last thing: anybody want any Rudy Giuliani shares? They're a hell of a bargain right now.

No comments:

Google