Thursday, April 17, 2008

Open Your Ears: Ya Boy

I just heard Ya Boy for the first time yesterday, but I guess he's been around a while. That's the story with a lot of rappers though. Especially for me. Wait, Snoop Dogg? Who's that? Well, it's not that bad, but I wouldn't say I have nearly the knowledge of the "indie rap" scene, as I will call it, that I do of the indie rock scene. But my friend Josh does, and that's how I heard about Ya Boy.

Anyways, Ya Boy has 3 albums, and is soon to release his first single to radio stations, called (of course) "Holla at Ya Boy". It's already on iTunes if you want to check it out. You can check out more about Ya Boy on his website too, which is pretty bad ass to be honest. He's got a great flow, and some really great beats, which is what rap is all about these days. But, they're not beats made for radio. The beats and the flow all sound authentic, which is equally as important in my opinion.

I personally love this song, "No Replacement", his remix of Beyonce's "Irreplaceable", which is really funny. I have to warn you though, it's definitely rated R. It doesn't show his talents, but I just think it's great. If you want to check out more about him, you should check out this playlist on imeem.

Hopefully this post gets Zach off my back about never posting about rap music. So take a listen below, and then anytime you want after that, as it's on the Blogarrhea playlist at the top of the page.

2 comments:

Franklin said...

So a whole post about Ya Boy and not one credit to Mr. Josh Gibson or myself. I see how it is...

Kevin said...

Maybe you should learn to read. First paragraph, last sentence.

Google