Sunday, July 30, 2006

It's been a while

So it's been a while, I know, and I'm sorry for leaving you all hanging this whole week! Yep, sorry to all 7 of you who actually read this. Regardless, I am back home and ready to start wasting hours on the computer. The way it ought to be! Well, maybe not, but the way it seems to be anyways. I've been working a lot, and that's great because money is good, but I needed a break. Now that I'm back from that break, hopefully I can get working again. Here's what's been going on in my life.

If you didn't know, I'm working for a temp agency in Portland. Bloy:Welch is the name, and I found them at the University of Oregon Career Fair last Spring. The spokesperson there approached me, asked if I needed summer work, and gave me a business card with a number on it. I went home, called said number, and boom, had a job. I've been placed in 2 positions so far this summer: 1 as a telemarketer type auto-caller for the American Red Cross. Sure, it's for a good cause, but I still hated being a telemarketer. I mean, I was calling people who have donated blood in the past and requesting that they come in and donate some more, so I wasn't selling anything per se, but I still hated myself at the end of the day, so I asked for a reassignment. I only worked there 2 days...

Then I was placed up at OHSU in the alumni department. I worked online doing random database modification; your basic data entry. Yeah, real exciting, but I actually enjoyed it. It didn't hurt that I was able to listen to ESPN Radio all day and play around on the internet a lot. But the work ran out, I am a "temp" after all, so as of last Monday (my last day), I have been jobless.

I am supposed to start another job this week, but the company who's hiring me isn't finished with the paperwork yet, so it may be a few days until I actually start. It's an office job and it pays $11.50/hr. That's all I know right now, but it sounds good to me. We'll see how it goes.

Aside from the job scene, I've been kind of chilling out this summer. I've made a few trips out to see Hayley in Pendleton, but that's really it so far. I'm headed to the beach this next weekend, and a California trip is being talked about (any takers?), but other than that I plan to just keep on chilling out. I'm thinking of heading down to Eugene around the turn of next month and putting in some internship time, but nothing for sure yet.

I am still undecided on what I want to do to the truck. I'm thinking about getting it lifted for sure, but I really haven't looked into it. I don't know how much I want to lift it, or how much it will cost, but I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to start with. After that, I really don't know. I don't want to put a lot of money into it yet because I don't want to be broke by the time school starts. Hopefully I can save some up and start doing something.

Let's see, what else is going on? I've been working out, running, going to work, and I guess that's about it. Nothing too exciting. I'm still waiting on pictures from my mom's wedding, and I'll post some of those good ones when I get them. Other than that, I think you're all caught up. Hopefully I can do something a little more exciting soon so you have something to read, but no promises.

No comments:

Google