Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My Bracket

It's taken me a long time to actually fill out a bracket this year. It's funny too, because I think I've talked about it way more this year than any others, so I should have done one by now. Not that I hadn't basically determined my picks, but filling out the bracket is a ceremonial thing, and everyone has to do it. Anyways, I finally got around to it, and this is what I got:




















(Click to enlarge)

I have a combination of upset picks and total homer picks that I like, but a favorite winning it. I think the important thing for me is the first round. If I can get at least 50% of the picks right, I'm having a great bracket. I love in those couple days, just watching all the upsets and big finishes and bracket busting last shots, it's probably it is my favorite couple days in sports. A few highlight picks are Oregon playing UCLA in the Final Four and going to the championship (homer pick), VCU upsetting Duke first round and Oral Roberts making it to the Sweet 16 (upset picks).

So, there it is, tell me what you think and who you picked.

In other sports news:

  • Washington got snubbed from the NIT tournament, not even getting invited. I hate UW, mostly Appleby, and I smiled when I heard they got their big fat hopes up only to have them elbowed in the face. [article]
  • Kyle Singler and the rest of the South Medford squad took down K-Love and all the other bastards from Lake Oswego in Oregon's 6A High School Basketball Championships last week. Maybe now Love will be less of a cocky asshole? Unlikely. Perfect fit for UCLA... [article]
  • As students waited Tuesday morning, many of whom waited overnight, for their chance at one of the 54 student tickets available at $56 a pop, Oregon's new Athletic Director Pat Kilkenny (you remember Pat right?) showed up and told them that he would pick up the tab for those tickets, and he was going to charter them all a bus down there. What a guy. [article]

No comments:

Google