Saturday, June 16, 2007

Spring Term Wrap-Up

Overall, Spring term was really easy for me. The workloads for each of my classes were really light, the studying for quizzes and exams was routine, and the exams were straightforward. Either I had an easy round of classes, or I'm getting pretty good at this "college" thing. As I said before, the studying seemed almost routine, and that's how a lot of the term went, which I think is a good thing, because that just means I know what I need to do by now. It also didn't hurt that in one class, my previous knowledge covered 85% of the course material. As one of the guys I work with (who was a graduating senior) said when asked how the last few weeks went, "I got pretty good at drinking." It's true. During finals week, I enjoyed a beer almost everyday. Some at home after a final, some at a bar before a final (I was confident). The Pub Crawl, as posted about earlier, was by far the most alcohol I had all week, but when your 21, beer just seems to quench thirst a little better. Anyways, onto the wrap-up:

Overall, I think I did pretty good. There's only one grade that's official at this point, one unofficial, one assumed, and one relatively assumed. I'll explain.

In Marketing 435, we had the option of accepting our grade after midterm 3, or taking the final to try and improve it. I had an A- after midterm 3 (I had the class high for midterm 2), so I was happy to take that and forgo the final. He didn't curve the class at all either, so I actually earned the A-. This one is official, it's on DuckWeb.

In Finance 311, I had transfered into it during the second week, so I was a little behind the intro, and was out of "book buying" mode, having done PLENTY of that the last week (business books are ridiculously expensive). This being the case, I just never bought the book. He said it would help, but I decided, "let's try a class without the book." (I have always bought the course books). Turns out, I went to class, played World Series of Poker on my phone the whole time, hardly listened and didn't take notes, and I did great the whole time, got an 89% on the final leaving me with an A- in the class. This is posted on Blackboard, but is not yet on DuckWeb, so it's technically "unofficial."

In Music 358, I was exposed to really random world music, and enjoyed most of it besides the 10am start time. I went to every class before the first exam: 57/60. I went to about two thirds of the classes after exam 1 and before exam 2: 57/60. I went to maybe half of the lectures before the comprehensive final: 70/80. Depending on where he cuts the A's and A-'s, I will have one of the two. Music does come really easy to me though, so that may have been a contributing factor.

Finally, DSC 340. This was the class that I knew 85% of the material before it was taught. Everything before the final was super easy (and inefficient, but that's a different story), but for the final he threw us all a curve ball by making it difficult. I think I still did alright on it, but it was harder than anything else we had done. I haven't gotten the score back for it, so I am a little unsure of my grade, but I think I am safe to say it's somewhere in that same A- to A range.

So there you have it, my Spring term in a nutshell. I think living in the house that I live in helps productivity, most of us in the same classes and all hard workers and such. Now, onto my senior year, where I take 3 classes a term, chill out, and graduate on time. I think it will be a great year too, because like I said earlier in the post, I think I am just getting good at this "college" thing.

Until next time, keep it tuned to the Blogarrhea, and have a great summer.

No comments:

Google