Monday, July 30, 2007

3 Things I Hate About Movie Theaters

Movies are a passion of mine, and I love going out to see them. There's nothing like seeing a movie on a huge screen. But there are 3 things that really grind my gears at the theater. 1: Cell phones. For 2 hours, can we please turn them off? When people open them during the movie, I think it's really rude because it's really distracting. I think they should be off, and anyone that opens their phone in a theater should be kicked out. Harsh, but that's how much I hate them. 2: People who talk (especially to me) during the movie. I have some friends that do this, and sorry guys, but whatever you have to say is often not worth saying, and can wait until after. You can talk during a movie at home, but not at the theater. 3: The prices of crappy concessions. It would be different if the popcorn was worth $6, but I can nuke better popcorn for $.50. And 5 sour patch kids should not cost $3.50.
If they don't allow outside food, what they sell should be much better. So, what grinds your gears?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Kev!

Anonymous said...

HERE, HERE!!!!

D

Ryan Maley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan Maley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin said...

Haha, come on Ry, this wasn't a stab at you. You've never talked to me, you've never overcharged me for concessions, and you've only opened your phone once.

I just wrote this because even at Bridgeport, the nicest theaters around, this happens. Nothing has been done about it because it's such a new phenomenon, and it just irritates me. But I'll go to movies with you any day, because you care about them, and will tell me I'm wrong if I'm wrong, and I like that.

By the way, what were those other 2 comments? Or should I not ask?

Ryan Maley said...

lol, they were links to the new pager thing regal has to report people being distracting during a movie and i tried to link it, but i was unsuccessful twice. They werent bad, and yes I DO overcharge you for concessions!

Kevin said...

Haha! But your concessions are worth paying for.

Google