Thursday, July 19, 2007

Meter Maids are Assholes

That meter still has 11 minutes on it. So why is there a ticket on the car? Let me explain: It was about 10:15 this morning and I was walking back to the office after enjoying my Subway breakfast. Along the McLoughlin part of Oregon City runs Main st, a one-way street lined with 2-hour meters. At 10:15, the only people in the area are working, and they don't park in the 2-hour spots, so most of the meters are empty. So I'm walking down the street as I see a meter maid, who must hate his life to be doing that job, and he's putting a ticket on this car. I walk up and look at the meter, and there's still 11 minutes left. Puzzled, I walk to the back of the car to check the rear tire for a little chalk mark, and sure enough. This asshole had come around, marked one of 4 cars on a strip of 15 meters, and come back 2 hours later and ticketed it. I get that it's a 2-hour limit, and they were over, but it wasn't crowded, and they had 11 minutes left. At least come back in 11 minutes and if it's still there, then you can ticket it. I would be pissed. I hate meter maids.

2 comments:

Kroen said...

what an asshole.

there's two types of meter maids:

-the one that's short, fat, too old to be a meter maid, and wears an old beat up cap

and

-the one that's tall, lanky and has missing teeth.

which was this?

Kevin said...

The later.

Google