Saturday, November 24, 2007

Open Your Ears: The New Amsterdams

The New Amsterdams are by no means new. They've been around since 2000 when the lead singer of the Get Up Kids created them as a side project. Well, that side project turned into a great band, and with the release of their latest album, At the Foot of My Rival, it's time to take notice. I think this album is their best, and shows the evolution of the band. They finally sound like a band, not a side project.

The single from the new album, titled "Fountain of Youth", is a solid track, albeit crappy lyrics in my opinion. But it makes me think of summer, and in these cold days, that is a nice feeling. Check out the new single below, and then listen to it forever on the Open Your Ears Playlist on top of the sidebar.



PS: Thanks Dad for reviving them :)

Type rest of the post here


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - of course, I agree. A fun, catchy band indeed. I also like their first album, "Worse For The Wear," which has some great tunes on it.

D

Google