Monday, April 16, 2007

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters Movie Review

This was one of my most anticipated movies of 2007, so going in I had high hopes. I didn't exactly know what to expect, because I tried to stay away from reading reviews before I went, as hard as that was, but that let me make my absolute own decisions about it. After reading some reviews, I realized that they are absolutely pointless, because this is not the type of movie that should even be reviewed; not enough people know what it's about. Anyways, my thoughts:

I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. That's not to say I didn't like it, because I did, I really liked it. But it just didn't live up to my expectations which, like I said before, were high. Probably too high. But there's so much they seem to pack into every episode, and the movie just didn't have the same humorous punch that the episodes do. It had a lot of funny points, but I guess I was looking for an hour and a half of laughing.

My likes: it was "side-splittingly" funny at points. A lot of points. Especially the intro. For fans of the show, like me, it made great references to old characters and was just as fun as watching 7 episodes of the show in a row, but with a really loose plot. On that note, I think only fans of the show should see it. I feel bad for people who go in not knowing what its all about, and are just confused the whole time. A seriously funny movie though. I will buy it on DVD and watch it tons, and probably pick up lots of things I missed the first time.

My dislikes: while it was really funny at points, there were times when it wasn't. Being a 15 minute show on TV, I'm not used to it not being funny. Also, they focused too much time on stupid, pointless, secondary characters. The show is best when it involves lots of the Aqua Teens and Carl. They were there, but they could have been used so much better. I mean, these characters are hilarious, so exploit that!

Regardless though, it was a really funny movie, easily worth the price of admission. On the Reganometer, I give this movie an 8 out of 10, and say go see it, but ONLY, and I really mean this, ONLY if you're a fan.

No comments:

Google