Saturday, January 26, 2008

Barack Obama Dominates South Carolina

Barack Obama absolutely dominated South Carolina today, garnering 55% of votes and leaving the other two prominent Democratic candidates, Hilary Clinton and John Edwards, in the dust. He seriously owned that state tonight. Like I said, he had 55% of the votes, Hilary came in second with 26%, Edwards got 18%, and the others that should have dropped out by now (seriously guys, isn't it expensive to run a campaign that has no chance?) got a total of 1%.

So basically, Hilary got embarrassed.

I'm not sure if anyone expected the margin to be this large, but one possible reason for it is that, as CNN reported, Obama got about 78% of the African-American vote, which was probably huge and may have been the main reason why he dominated, but I don't know. I'm just a blogger, not a pundit or anyone who has the slightest idea about election strategy. But, I am a business student, so I have studied plenty of numbers, and I know that 55% vs. 26% is an ass-whoopin'. O-ba-ma! O-ba-ma!

Check out his victory speech as broadcast on MSNBC.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was excited. Another great speech. Good job, Kev, spreading the word. It's going to be a dogfight on February 5th, but he has legs!!!

D

Google