Sunday, February 24, 2008

Did I Call It?

The 80th annual Academy Awards were tonight, and if you remember, I put up a post in January of the nominations and my picks for who would win. I picked 11 categories, and apparently had it nailed this year, correctly predicting 8 out of the 11.

The three I missed were both actress categories, which were upsets tonight, and visual effects, which was a total upset. But I was right in thinking No Country for Old Men would clean up, and Daniel Day-Lewis and Javier Bardem would win; I even nailed the best score and best song. It was an impressive showing for me.

As a side note, the "I drink your milkshake" line from There Will Be Blood is quickly becoming legendary, as well as mocked. This clip is from Saturday Night Live, and it's pretty funny. Thanks Hay. Take a look:



P.S. I will post about Vegas, just not had the time or energy lately.

No comments:

Google