Tuesday, March 18, 2008

California, what's the deal?

I want to make a disclaimer before I start this post: I'm pretty drunk right now. I was out at the bars, since my term is done, and it's St. Patty's Day, and Bella and I are enjoying some time together before I hit the pillow.

Anyways, I was watching TV just now and saw that California tourism commercial. This one:

I had a few questions about it. First, why is California, the most populated state in America, running ads for people to come there? Is the California economy really struggling? Why the hell would they waste the money on this commercial trying to get people to go there? Maybe that's SOP, but I wonder how many people go there because of this commercial. Is it really worth it? Or does Cali have a surplus and decided to invest in this? It's pretty lame, with Governor Arnold and (ugly) wife wrapping it up. It doesn't say anything people don't already know, and seems kind of unnecessary.

Is that state in need of tourism? No. Absolutely not. So why the commercial (that I've seen 100 times)? Is it just a local (Oregon) commercial? I hope so.

I was just curious, any thoughts?

In other news, Dad, I saw two of your legal interns at a bar tonight. They both go to Oregon, and I feel really bad that I didn't remember their names. I recognized them and said hi, and they bought me a shot. I told them to tell you they did so when they see you, so hopefully they do. You should act surprised, and humor them, but let me know if they do, in fact, tell you, because that would make my day. Don't tell them I forgot their names please.

Anyway, hope you all had a happy St. Patty's Day.

No comments:

Google