Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Greatest Songs

I just found a way to post song files to my blog, and I've tinkered with it enough to be able to link it to the pictures, so I am testing it out by putting up a few of what I think are the greatest songs in certain categories. Click on the pictures, and if all goes to plan, you'll hear the songs.

Greatest Song of All Time: Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone.



















I figured I'd start it out with the most debatable category of them all. Bob Dylan is the greatest songwriter that ever lived, so he naturally wrote the greatest song of all time.
Honorable Mention: The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction.

Greatest Love Song: Bryan Adams - Everything I Do



















It really just is the greatest love song. Bryan Adams is the king of the love songs, and this is pretty much the song that everyone should play at their wedding.
Honorable Mention: Rod Stewart - Have I Told You Lately That I Love You.

Greatest Funeral Song: Bob Dylan - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright



















This song, similar to the last one, should be played at everyone's funeral. It is very appropriate, and has a retrospective feel.
Honorable Mention: Brad Paisley feat. Dolly Parton - When I Get Where I'm Going.

Greatest Western Movie Theme: Ennio Morricone - The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly














Just the classic western theme. Period.
Honorable Mention: Elmer Bernstein - The Magnificent Seven.

The Greatest Drinking Song: Garth Brooks - Friends In Low Places














It's the most fun to listen to, the most fun to sing to, and the most fun to drink to. That's just a fact of life my friends.
Honorable Mention: Toby Kieth - Get Drunk And Be Somebody.

Greatest TV Theme Song: The A-Team



















Just listen to this theme. It's amazing. The fact that we know Mr. T is in this show also adds to the glory of this theme.
Honorable Mention: Sanford and Son.

Greatest Beatles Song: Let It Be


















It's my favorite, I'm not going to go into it anymore than that because there is plenty of room for argument. An argument I would love to have actually.
Honorable Mention: Hey Jude.

Greatest Guitar Riff: Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine













I know I'm going to get shit for this one, because so many people will argue that Smoke On The Water is the clear favorite. It's just too repetetive though. I mean, this one certainly is too, but it has so much more energy and livens up the song. Plus, Guns was a way cooler band, while they lasted. I think it's the ultimate guitar riff.
Honorable Mention: Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water.

Well, that was me testing out my music posting capabilities. If you're reading this, it worked. Hopefully I can find a site that allows me more free space though. Google needs to get on that. It's up and running though. Now we'll see where this can go. Oh man, the possibilities.

No comments:

Google