Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ducks Debut at #10 in BCS Poll, #7 in AP

The BCS poll came out for the first time this week, and the Oregon Ducks fell into the #10 spot. With the convincing 53-7 blowout of the Cougars yesterday, I had higher hopes for our BCS standing, but there's still a lot of football to be played this season. The 3 undefeated teams, Ohio St., USF, and Boston College, took the top 3 spots, LSU stays atop the 1-loss teams at #4, and Oklahoma rounds out the top 5.

The fact that we are #10 doesn't really bother me, especially in this crazy season. In my opinion, the 3 undefeated teams on top right now are very beatable, so I am confident that two 1-loss teams will be playing for a national championship. I don't think Hawaii will be in there, even if they win out. They'll be the Boise St. of this year. Hopefully we can win out and be in the thick of the BCS race, but we have to go through USC first.

If USC can beat Cal, and then we can beat USC, we win the PAC-10 championship. I don't think Arizona St. will be sticking around, as they still have to play both of those 2 and us. I think they'll be 9-3. We did suffer some big injuries to big guys yesterday, but I think we're deep enough to bounce back. We can't have any more guys go down though.

Anyways, enough of my ranting about the Ducks, check out the week 7 rankings here.


No comments:

Google