Sunday, October 08, 2006

Kevin Costner




















Last night, we were watching TV, and we came across The Postman, that terrible movie with Kevin Costner. Well, it got us thinking: What the hell is wrong with Kevin Costner? First of all, the man CANNOT act. That's "cannot", the absolutely impossible cannot, as opposed to "can not", which leaves some doubt. But Kevin Costner clearly cannot act, and he leaves no doubt. I mean, he plays the same guy in every movie, he has 4 facial expressions, his voice and accent are always the same from movie to movie, and he just plain sucks. I mean, who plays Robin Hood and doesn't adopt an accent? Robin Hood is British! But not for Kevin Costner. Hmm, weird.

Then we got around to talking about what he did with his career. I mean, he made some good movies, and we all agreed on that. The Untouchables, Bull Durham, Field of Dreams, JFK, and obviously Dances With Wolves. But he has also made some flat-out bad movies, and we all unanimously agreed on that. The Bodyguard, Waterworld, The Postman, Dragonfly, and Rumor Has It..., and the list could go on.

So what the hell happened to him? All his good movies came out before his bad ones, so he obvioulsy dropped off somewhere. Did Waterworld really ruin his career? Or was The Postman the nail in the coffin? Who really knows? What I do know, however, is that Kevin Costner sucks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a faker mcfakerson (why don't you go actually watch Robin Hood!) and he is wonderful and beautiful and he is wonderful as ROBIN HOOD!!!!!!!

cody said...

it's interesting that his two worst movie were post-apoclyspe fares. aparrently the end of the world meant the end of his carreer.

you forgot one his best movies: tin cup.

his sport movies are decent. you can't possibly rank dances with wolves above field of dreams.

dances with wolves was good but field of dreams should be on just about every single person's top five sports movie list.

Kevin said...

Don't worry, I took all of your points into consideration when writing this, and here's my rationale:

First, post-apocalyptic movies are rarely good, if at all. I mean, most are like Battlefield: Earth, which was terrible. So, although that point was not specifically said, it was definitely considered.

Second, I didn't want to mention Tin Cup because it really didn't fit my argument. I mean, a lot of people agree it was good, but it didn't mean anything to his career or to movies in general, so I left it out.

Third, I love Field of Dreams, but Field of Dreams didn't win any Oscars. That was why I said "obviously" for Dances with Wolves. But if you noticed, I listed the movies chronologically, so that was why it came last.

Fourth, as far as top 5 sports movies go, I would say it could be up there, but doesn't have to be. I mean, I wouldn't put it on my top 10 list. What I think SHOULD be up there is Hoosiers, Rocky, Bull Durham, and Raging Bull. So, I guess number 5 is up to you. Mine would probably be Hoop Dreams.

Anyways, thanks for the comment, and thanks for reading.

cody said...

hey. remember the body guard. cmon he scene where whitney cuts a piece of her dress with the katana. that's classic.

Google