Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Nike SPARQ Makes Pete Carroll Look Stupid

So, as a Ducks fan, I have no respect for Pete Carroll. Any respect I might have had for him vanished when Carroll mouthed "fuck you" to Mike Bellotti during the USC game this year. For those of you that don't remember, you can check out the YouTube video here. But don't worry, his shady recruiting tactics had my respect out the door a long time ago.

With this in mind, it should come as no surprise that I enjoyed how Nike's recent commercials for their SPARQ Training line made Pete Carroll look like an idiot. French toast and batteries; nice Coach. Idiot... Take a look:





I do like the commercials overall. Very Nike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting take on the commericals. I'm not sure if you realize it, but Nike basically told Carroll to say a bunch of random things, then spliced a few quotes into the film. Basically, Pete Carroll is getting paid huge amounts of money to just speak a few lines on camera. No context, no real meaning, just him talking. Nice work if you can get it.

Google